life as I see it!

winter…

In the spring, summer and fall this is a beautiful park area beside Lake Nipissing…it is still beautiful but rather stark with the snow…when I was a child this was a busy happening place.  Not so any more, I visit once in a while and there are rarely any people swimming here.  Rather sad actually that such a great park isn’t utilized much…although we have a few that aren’t being used a great deal.

wpwinter.sunset.park.2014b&wb

About these ads

15 responses

1. Stunning image, Emily. The snow-covered park is really inviting, even though I know I would be shivering my socks off. :)

January 14, 2014 at 3:45 pm

• lol…you sure would be shivering your socks off…although it is much warmer this week! 4C

January 14, 2014 at 8:57 pm

2. Lonely benches!
    It’s true. Not many people are going to the parks like they did in years past.
    I heard one little girl talking to another one day….she said, “I love to ride my bicycle outside.”
    Her friend responded, “Can you go outside by yourself? I’m not allowed to go out without an adult, are you? My mom says its too dangerous.”
    We never thought about things like that when I was little. We were outside all of the time. If we had to wait for an adult to accompany us, we would have rarely been able to leave the house!

January 14, 2014 at 3:49 pm

• they certainly are lonely looking benches Mary…I know, we were outside from breakfast to bed time with lunch and dinner in there somewhere…wouldn’t happen now!!! Sad really…

January 14, 2014 at 8:59 pm

3. That’s really too bad about the park, beautiful shot though! :)

January 14, 2014 at 3:58 pm

• thanks Andy…it makes me a bit sad as this is such a beautiful area…

January 14, 2014 at 8:59 pm

• Times have changed too much huh Heather? :S

January 14, 2014 at 9:26 pm

• that they have Andy… :)

January 14, 2014 at 9:41 pm

4. Very pretty!

January 14, 2014 at 4:56 pm

• thanks Vahagn, nice of you to say.

January 14, 2014 at 9:00 pm

5. Lovely scene Heather!

January 14, 2014 at 6:07 pm

• thanks Terence…love this park, have very fond memories as a child.

January 14, 2014 at 9:00 pm

6. love these type of winter scenes….great in B/W!

January 14, 2014 at 10:31 pm

7. Lovely shot and beautifully composed. I’m surprised the park isn’t used much. I didn’t think parks ever go out of style.

January 15, 2014 at 4:31 am

• thank you Bill..it always surprises me when I see the parks almost empty…it used to be crazy busy when I was young and such a sense of freedom to be there. There is another larger park that I lived a 2 minute walk away from for 20 years and it was the same thing..I used to visit regularly on my walks and would think “where are the people”???

January 15, 2014 at 2:56 pm